Monday, September 15, 2008

Fun with Google Searches

I commented before on the first Google search term to bring a new reader to this blog: chicken shack. Since then, there have been several others, from various countries, few of whom were likely satisfied by what they found here (or perhaps understood what they had stumbled upon).

The following are the funniest examples of Google search terms people have used to find this site:

Geopolitical ramifications: That term will lead you to this post. In fact, last week, this blog was the #1 result on Google for that phrase. This was truly scary. I have since fallen to #9.

Where to buy veal kidney in New Orleans: That search led someone to this post. Unfortunately, I cannot offer tips on where to buy veal kidney in New Orleans. As a result of my repeatedly writing "veal kidney in New Orleans", though, I now expect to draw even more Google searchers for that to this website.

Northernmost tree: That term led two different people to this post. This may have been of some use to those readers. I would add that according to Wikipedia, palm trees can be found as far north as Ireland, but what I found in Scotland was north of Ireland. Take that, Wikipedia!

"Let the Sun Shining" Hair: That search brought someone to this post. Thus, if I have taught one person the correct name of the song, this blog will have served its purpose.

I had several searches for Sarah Palin, Palin McCain, Palin vice president, etc. that brought people here. They probably didn't like what they found.

No comments: